Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Organization....

I say it every year...this year I'll get more organized! I'll clean up the boxes of photos (and 1000's of digital not-yet-printed ones!). I'll have organized closets and have everything I need at my fingertips! I'll have cute little craft boxes all labelled with what's inside! I'll stack my fabric according to colour; or who it's for; or the pattern! I'll have a central system for meals, for work and play schedules, for LIFE! Really though I'm just not that energetic...So my only goal this year is to organize ONE thing a month, and keep it for the whole month before I can start the next one. With that in mind was the first project of the year!

Old system: (which was fine really albeit a bit messy and required me to change it daily!)




Progress of new system:

After some paint:



The finished product:



The frames are bare wood, I just grabbed them from the dollar store and painted them fun bright colors. Printed off the days of the week on matching colored paper and inserted them into the frames. We just use dry erase markers to write on the glass! We write each days details down one week at a time on Saturday afternoon/evening for the following week. I work shift work so we write my schedule, who's picking the kids from school, countdown to family events or vacations, play dates, homework due dates etc. Everyone knows to check this before they leave the house for the day. Such a life saver!

Idea from HERE

No comments:

Followers