Friday, January 27, 2012

Home made lip gloss and vegan pot roast

The boys and I undertook a new project today; home made vegan lipgloss. Through a variety of online sources I decided to go with a coconut oil base, and candy flavourings among other ingredients. They didn't turn out super awesome but they each made their own flavour and got 3-4 little tubs to use for themselves. Steven made creamsicle, Noah made root beer float, I made grape and then I also made Butterscotch for the bf. I won't share the recipe as it needs a little tweaking still :) but have a peek at our results




For dinner I made vegan "pot roast" which is really really simple. (Serves 2)

What you need:
1 package Gardein homestyle beef less tips
2 potatoes peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
2 carrots peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
chopped onion & garlic if you want (I use lots of garlic)
spices: I use seasoning salt, pepper and a little regular salt
1c prepared vegan "beef" stock (I use Nutrimax Soup Mix "Beef" Flavor-which is vegan; it's powdered and you add boiling water)

What you do:
Pour stock into the bottom of a glass or metal baking dish. Dump in all other ingredients, mix up well, cover with lid or foil and bake approx 35-45minutes or until the vegetables and done. I use a little more of the vegan beef stock to make a quick gravy to pour over top.

TADA!

No comments:

Followers